Although only three rounds have been played so far, the competition is already fierce in the Eurocup Regular Season. One player who is clearly standing out here at the start of the season is Virtus Rome’s Brandon Triche, who has earned MVP honors for Round 3, his second such accolade in three weeks. Triche led his team to an agonizing home win over Baloncesto Seville, 84-82, and put together a performance index rating of 27, the highest among all winning players this week. Triche scored 25 points – including 4 of 5 three-pointers – pulled 5 rebounds and dished 3 assists for a complete performance that kept his team undefeated at the top of Group C
The highest-ranked player this week was Marcus Cousin of Krasny Oktyabr Volgograd with a 32 index rating, but he’s not eligible to win the honor as his team lost. Next came, Kyle Landry of Zenit St. Petersburg guided his team to its first Eurocup win ever with 17 points and 9 rebounds, for an index rating of 26. Kristaps Porzingis of Baloncesto Seville also had an index rating of 26, together with Anthony King of the Artland Dragons Quakenbrueck, but again, both players lost their respective games.
Individual highs: Six players with 10 rebounds!
Not only did Triche earn MVP honors this round, but he also was the top scorer of the week with his 25 points. Following him was Erving Walker of JDA Dijon, who netted 23 points in a home loss to Herbalife Gran Canaria Las Palmas. As many as six players led the rebounders this week, all of them with 10 boards apiece: Cousin, King, Antoine Diot of Strasbourg, Gediminas Orelik of Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius, Juan Diego Tello of Pinar Karsiyaka Izmir and Eric Wise of Proximus Spirou Charleroi. Two players also stood up for their teammates and led the assists column this week with 11 apiece: Darius Adams of SLUC Nancy and Dee Brown of CSU Asesoft Ploiesti. Finally, this week’s highest blocked shots total, 4, is also shared between two players, Randal Falker of SLUC Nancy and Bamba Fall of VEF Riga.
PRESS RELEASE EUROLEAGUE
- Curry y LeBron, capitanes del NBA All-Star Game - 19 enero, 2018
- Un vistazo a la jornada NBA - 19 enero, 2018
- Vuelve Harden, Embiid destaca y Thomas salva a los Cavs - 19 enero, 2018
- GUÍA OFICIAL: Plantillas, entrevistas, análisis y mucho más… - 19 enero, 2018
- Aguilar llega a 300 partidos y Paulí y Salin se convierten en centenarios - 19 enero, 2018
- Sanders marca la diferencia frente al Brose Baskets (81-66) - 19 enero, 2018
- Maccabi, superior al Estrella Roja (89-75) - 18 enero, 2018
- Remontada con cruel final para el Valencia Basket (86-82) - 18 enero, 2018
- Khimki, sin piedad ante el Olympiacos (82-54) - 18 enero, 2018
- Jornada 19 EuroLiga: Unicaja Málaga vs Real Madrid - 18 enero, 2018