Euroleague Basketball has announced disciplinary sanctions pertaining to incidents that occurred in the Playoffs Game 4 of the Turkish Airlines Euroleague. The sanctions are based on infractions of the competition by-laws that all teams are aware of and obliged to fulfill. The following sanctions were handed down by the Euroleague Basketball Independent Disciplinary Judge:
– Panathinaikos Athens has been sanctioned with a fine of 15,000€ for the lighting of fireworks, a fine of 10,000€ for the use of objects that could disturb the job of the people involved in a game, and a fine of 5,000€ for the throwing of objects onto the playing court, during Game 4 of the playoff series against CSKA Moscow.
– Olympiacos Piraeus has been sanctioned with a total fine of 97,000€ for the invasion of the playing area by spectators, the lighting of fireworks inside the arena and for incidents that threaten the physical well-being of the attendees, and the failure to adopt all necessary preventive measures to avoid disturbances during Game 4 of the playoff series against FC Barcelona. Also, this last infraction has led Olympiacos to having to play its next home game behind closed doors, without spectators.
PRESS RELEASE EUROLEAGUE
- El Real Madrid se jugará el pase a semifinales en el Palacio (89-77) - 26 Mayo, 2017
- Nikos Galis alcanza la plaza del Obradoiro y completa así el Camino Inglés - 26 Mayo, 2017
- Se intensifica el interés del CSKA Moscú por Stefan Markovic - 26 Mayo, 2017
- Horarios y fechas para las finales de la NBA: Warriors – Cavaliers - 26 Mayo, 2017
- Previa Final NBA: Golden State Warriors vs Cleveland Cavaliers, llega la hora de la verdad - 26 Mayo, 2017
- La Fonteta decide el pase a semifinales ante el FC Barcelona Lassa - 26 Mayo, 2017
- LeBron James, el “hombre final” - 26 Mayo, 2017
- Barcelona Lassa y Jayson Granger, principio de acuerdo - 26 Mayo, 2017
- El MoraBanc Andorra intentará alargar la serie - 26 Mayo, 2017
- [4-1] Los Cavaliers completan la final NBA arrasando en el quinto partido de la serie (135-102) - 26 Mayo, 2017