It is decision time in the 2015-16 Eurocup! The Eurocup semifinals will come to an end on Wednesday with two exciting games. Galatasaray Odeabank Istanbul holds a 14-point lead in its series against Herbalife Gran Canaria Las Palmas, which hosts Game 2 at on Wednesday 21:30 CET. Two hours earlier, at 19:30 CET, Dolomiti Energia Trento hosts Strasbourg with a six-point lead in its series. Get ready for a critical day in the outcome of the competiton!
SEMIFINAL A: Herbalife Gran Canaria Las Palmas vs. Galatasaray Odeabank Istanbul
Gran Canaria is looking for its second consecutive Eurocup finals and would become the first team to achieve that if it overcomes its 14-point deficit at home. Galatasaray can also make history by becoming the first-ever Turkish team to make it to the Eurocup Finals. Galatasaray defeated Gran Canaria 89-75 in Game 1 behind 18 points and 10 rebounds from Chuck Davis. As many as five Galatasaray players scored at least 13 points in Game 1, in which the hosts outrebounded Gran Canaria by 43-34. Gran Canaria must improve its two-point shooting percentage (41.7% in Game 1 to Galatasaray’s 68.2%) and rely on its strength at its very own Gran Canaria arena, where it won by 15 points or more as many as 5 times this season. Galatasaray has won just 1 of its last 6 road games but has only lost by 15 or more points once in this Eurocup season – 85-68 against CAI Zaragoza. Davis needs 7 points to become the third-best scorer in Eurocup history.
SEMIFINAL B: Dolomiti Energia Trento vs. Strasbourg
Trento has been playing really well at home and Strasbourg has been almost undestructible on the road, which turns already very interesting showdown into a must-watch game. Trento has only lost twice at home while Strasbourg is 4-1 on the road. Strasbourg has been in this situation before in the eighthfinals, losing 76-78 at home against EWE Baskets Oldenburg only to bounce back with a resounding 64-93 road win in Game 2. Trento used a near-perfect first quarter to defeat Oldenburg 68-74 in Game 1 behind 16 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists from Julian Wright. Trento hit its opening 7 three-point shots but went 1-for-14 in the remainder of the game. Bangaly Fofana led Strasbourg with 16 points and 10 rebounds. Trento hopes to be the first Italian team to reach the Eurocup finals, but the same can be said about Strasbourg, who is looking to be the first French squad to reach that far in the competition.
Don’t miss the fun on Eurosport 2 and of course, right here on Eurocupbasketball.com!
- Sergio Llull, Jugador de la Jornada 26 - 26 Marzo, 2017
- El Montakit Fuenlabrada acabó con el ICL Manresa a golpe de triples (82-90) - 26 Marzo, 2017
- Tecnyconta Zaragoza no puede cortar la racha de Herbalife Gran Canaria (57-102) - 26 Marzo, 2017
- Trabajada victoria a domicilio del Baskonia ante el Movistar Estudiantes (70-76) - 26 Marzo, 2017
- Musli y Dubljevic incluidos en el quinteto ideal de la EuroCup - 26 Marzo, 2017
- El Iberostar Tenerife se deja el liderato ante un gran UCAM Murcia (79-68) - 26 Marzo, 2017
- Demostración de orgullo en San Pablo (57-71) - 26 Marzo, 2017
- Festival ante el Bilbao Basket con un Llull estelar (104-76) - 26 Marzo, 2017
- ¿Qué ha pasado en la NBA? Cavaliers muestra sus miserias. Gran duelo Pau Gasol vs Willy en la pintura - 26 Marzo, 2017
- Fogg, Kuric y San Emeterio, en el segundo quinteto ideal de la EuroCup - 26 Marzo, 2017